2019 Class list for Quilt Expressions:
Beginning Piecing – this 4-session class is a great way to learn how to piece quilt blocks, or to brush up on your piecing skills. You will learn how to use a rotary cutter, sew a perfect ¼" seam, sew quilt blocks together and pick out, and measure properly for borders- all while making a quilt top!
We offer this class often throughout the year. Current class openings are:
Saturdays: June 15, 22 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
The cost is $60 (includes the cost of the pattern).
Intermediate Piecing – this 5-session class (or 3 sessions for the Saturday class) helps you take your piecing skills to the next level. You will learn how to make perfect half square triangles and flying geese units using Quilt in a Day rulers. You will also learn a variety of other techniques to improve your piecing skills.
The cost is $85 (includes the cost of the pattern).
Long Arm Quilting – Do you have stacks of quilt tops ready to quilt? Learn how to quilt on our long arm quilting machines and you can work through that stack in no time! Once you have taken this class, you are certified to rent one of our long arm quilting machines. Classes are announced in our email newsletter and in the store.
Cost is $100 (includes the instruction booklet)
A la carte Classes –we are offering a new way to take a class: A la carte classes. Want to learn a new technique, how to sew one of our bag patterns or adorable soft toys, or even how to finish a project? Call or come in and talk with Quincy or Della and we will schedule a class just for you- at a time that fits your schedule. Or, how about a special class for your quilting group?
Clubs and Groups
Stashbusters – do you need help reducing the amount of fabric in your stash? Stashbusters can help you with that. Monthly (February through November) you will receive a new pattern (designed by Quilt Expressions), see what is new in the shop, draw for door prizes and get credit for making quilts from your fabric to be used in a private auction in January 2020.
This group meets the 4th Wednesday at 6:00 pm or the following Saturday at 11:00 am (February dates are the 27th at 6:00 and the following Satuday, March 2nd at 11:00).
Cost is $50
Charity Club – the mission of our Charity Club is to join together, as a community of quilters, to make quilts and other quilted projects for local charities. Everyone is welcome. No membership dues or attendance is required.
The Charity Club meets on the third Saturday of every month at 11am. Come join us and become a part of this generous group of quilters.
Everyone is welcome. No membership dues or attendance required
- Meeting is at 11:00 a.m., on the third Saturday of every month (30-45 minutes long)
- We will host a "Show and tell" of donation quilts or projects at each meeting
- There may be an introduction of the next month's charity challenge and/or workshop
- Attendees who bring a donation quilt will receive a $5 Quilt Expression's store coupon
- One coupon will be awarded per quilt, or four (4) pillowcases, with a maximum of three (3) coupons per person, per meeting
- The donation item must be completely finished, new or recently laundered, and left at the meeting for donation
- The coupon may be applied to regular priced merchandise only at Quilt Expressions. Coupons are a one-time use and cannot be redeemed for cash
- Though highly appreciated, quilts dropped off at Quilt Expressions other than at meeting times, will not be eligible for a coupon
- Donation projects collected at each meeting will be delivered to local charitable organizations at the discretion of the Charity Club
Recommended Quilt Sizes:
Quilts should be approximately the following sizes, although almost any size is welcome:
- Neo Natal - 36 x 36
- Wheel chair - 36 x 48
- Child - 40 x 60
- Teen - 45 x 72
- Hospice bed - 63 x 80
Everything Series – as in, Everything you need to know about... Several times a year, on the first Saturday of the month, there is a free one-hour seminar to teach you about a sewing/quilting technique. Join Karen and Della for an hour that will entertain you and expand your quilting knowledge.
Dates: Check with the store for when and what the topic will be. Times are 11:00 am or 2:00 pm. Email announcements for dates are also sent out. Come in the store to get signed up for our email newsletter.
Cost: Free – but you will need to call the store to sign up.
Payment for any class is required when you sign up. Contact Quilt Expressions for cancellation policy. Call or ask in the store if we have any class additions to this list.Signing up for our email newsletter will also ensure that you see any additional classes that we might offer during the year. Come in the store to sign up.